Sign-up to get emails from HunkerDown.Guide
I promised everyone at the beginning of the 2019 hurricane season that every day, rain or shine, I would add a new blog post to the HunkerDown.Guide. I am sharing some of my knowledge and experience about preparing for tropical storms and hurricanes.
I am convinced that with the right planning and preparation, a lot of the mental stress and physical risks can be minimized. Each post covers some aspect of preparedness, such as:
- What practical hurricane supplies to put in your kit
- How to create a realistic disaster plan for your family
- What type of shutters you should buy and how to install them
- Tips for getting the best generator
- How to survive power outages, keep your fridge going, and prepare meals
- Ways to keep your sanity and reduce stress before, during, and after an event
Preparation should go on year-round. You will get an email when I post new material so you stay up-to-date.
You will be able to add comments to each post, such as questions about things you are trying to do to get ready and stay prepared. I will try to answer by replying to your comments, and I will moderate the blog so it stays a productive community discussion.
Thanks for joining, and may the tropics be peaceful!